Thursday, August 26, 2010

Flint is Back - July 4th






Well, I flew back to the Family from WA on the 29th of June. We were able to stay at our friend's house since our trailer was up in Flagstaff and our friends were up on Lake Powell. I had great plans to visit oodles of old friends and acquaintances from growing up South of Tucson, but...the best laid plans of mice and men...All we did is rest, stay out of the heat and visit my relatives in N. Tucson/Marana then go down to our friends the Stevens in the Green Valley area. (Sorry Evans, for some reason I do not seem to have any pics of our time visiting).

We left the girls off for an over night with the Stevens and Diana and I went out for our first 'Date night' in a loooong time. Bill recommended Cafe Poca Cosa in Downtown Tucson for a different Mexican food experience, and well, he was right. The food and the Margaritas were fantastic, kind of a Prix Fix French Style dinner done up with authentic Mexican food. Our waiter was quite the 'entertainer' and took our picture.

We were invited by the Stevens to join them down in Tubac for the 4th of July...on the 3rd. Hey it worked for us since we figured from the Rosson's back porch we would get a distance view of all of Tucson's fireworks (all 13 different shows). All of us dressed in our red, white and blues and went early enough to get a comfy seat, in the shade no less. After a few weak but expensive Margaritas, a couple of Carne Asada Tacos and enough ice cream to choke a horse, we were ready. During the festivities we saw many old school mates from Sahuarita (again, somehow the pictures were mediocre, sorry Debbie, Bill, Stewart, Morgan, Danielle, the Lopezes, the McGivens, and on and on). Tami and her friend Heather were successfully shot though..Finally the sun set and a rather impressive Fireworks display ensued.

Leaving the festivities was easier than I thought, we were able to bolt out quickly and avoid the drunks...right up until the blue and reds flashed behind me..So I pulled over and guess why he stopped me? Was I weaving,no. Was I speeding, No. Was I intoxicated, no. Were girls dancing in the bed of the truck, no...I was pulled over instead of the multitude of drunks and other reprobates because my license plate light was out. I know you all feel safer now. I guess I should be pleased that I was only given a warning and not forced to have it fixed. Oh well, next we are off to the White Mountains in NE Central AZ.

No comments:

Post a Comment